Earlier in the week I had asked Scot if he wanted to go up to Glenwood to swim in the hot spring or go walk around Vail and Aspen on Saturday just to get away for the day and hang out. He said "sure." So that night we kind of forgot to talk about it and the next day we talked about it in passing but by Thursday we had pretty much decided not to do it and get some things done around the house instead. On Saturday morning I had gotten up before Scot and was downstairs working on some things when he came down surprisingly early. He asked me if I was hungry and I said "Sure." We decided to have French Toast and Scot asked me to get out of the eggs. So I walked over to the fridge and got out the eggs and when I opened the carton our itenerary for our hotel in Glenwood was in there. What a fun surprise!! So we hurried up and put everything we had gotten out away and went up stairs to pack and get ready to go. We were out of the house an hour later and headed up to Glenwood for a great weekend getaway! We only had one set back with a flat tire which we were luckily able to get fixed for free just in the nick of time and we were good to go.
Here we are with the hot spring in the background. It was sooooo COLD!
Here we are with the hot spring in the background. It was sooooo COLD!


6 comments:
My little brother . . . you are AWESOME (and a hopeless romantic at heart) and I think you're wonderful. I'm glad you two had fun!
I am SOOO jealous!!! What a fun surprise!
Oh, I have a sweet big brother. That's such a fun day! I hope you guys had fun!
How sweet! Scot you are so good to Jenny. Thank you for taking such good care of her and making her so happy. We love you both and can hardly wait for Christmas.
How fun!!! I remember going there when I was a little girl and it is a fun place! Kudo points for Scot on this one!
Way to go Scot. That is so fun to get surprises like that. I totally suck at doing stuff like that. That looked like good times.
Mitzi
Post a Comment