I am the Young Womens secretary for our ward and along with this particular calling comes lots of...stuff to carry around on Sundays. So to make things a little easier I decided to make a bag to carry all of this...stuff in. I have had bags in the past for Sundays that I would carry all of my teaching materials in when I was in Young Womens and Primary before but was never fully satisfied with their carrying ability. As of late I have become completely OBSESSED with Amy Butler's patterns/fabric/stationary/scrapbooking supplies, etc. Pretty much all of her products are amazing to me so when I found out that a store in Castle Rock sold her patterns and fabric I hurried over to check it out. I found this pattern for the Birdie Sling and asked the owner a few questions about it and decided to try it out. Her patterns are super easy to follow and there are lots of instructions which is EXACTLY what I need to get through some of these things so I really really like her patterns for that fact. She has gorgeous fabrics and I can't wait to get another pattern and start another project!
I LOVE sewing! I am not great at it and I definitely need to work on my straight lines but it gets my mind off of the stress of work and is a fun way to just let my mind wander to another place...
Scot was kind enough to be my model...
Here is the inside. It looks kind of weird from this angle. There are two pockets on the inside in there...


13 comments:
I want one...What a great bag! It would be a perfect knitting bag. It was definately worth the effort. I am so happy to see your projects turn out so well. Good job and you hired the best model in the business. Good job Scot! Love MOM
PS...Please bring that pattern with you when you come in December. I really do want one of these bags.
Wow. I'm impressed. You know, my birthday is coming up in February...Just kidding. You are awesome Jenny!!
I, too, LOVE Amy Butler fabrics, and Michael Miller as well. I love her patterns but no where near here sells her fabric so it's kind of pricey. I did splurge and get some and love it. You did a great job!
WOW! That is SOOO stinking cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Great job!
Okay that is so flipin cute, i love it, your so crsfty!
Oh my gosh!!! That is so stinking cute!!! You did such a great job! I want one~!
That is super cute. I really do want one. It would make a great diaper bag which mine is crappy and super small. I would totally pay you to make me one and I am serious. If you are bored and want another project I have an idea.
Mitzi
Oh and I love that Scot is the model. Classic.
Mitzi
I just discovered her too and fell in love! I recently found out that i love sewing and for some reason find it super satisfying, but don't have any patterns so all my stuff is WEIRD! (I live in a town of 304 people so it's hard to get stuff out here) But she even has free patterns on line... so my next project is one of her pillows!
Good work Jenny, that bag is adorable!!! Join the club, my friends and are I equally as obsessed with all thing Amy Butler, she has the best fabrics and patterns!!! I love her!!! Seriously, you did a great job on it and I love ht fabrics you chose!
You are so talented! I'm jealous!
Super cute! I totally want to make one, it would work great for a diaper bag!
So . . . um . . . Jenny, my dearest: I was, um, wondering, um, if you could, um, HELP ME MAKE ONE OF THOSE?!? Seriously, I'm suffering from ugly Sunday-bagness and I NEED HELP! That bag looks perfect! Even if Scot is modeling it. I WANT ONE!! (Or if I want one that is CUTE, could I pay you to make one for me? I'm serious.)
Post a Comment