5.27.2008

Weekend in California...

My wonderful husband surprised me with a plane ticket to California to visit my family for the three day weekend and it couldn't have come at a better time. I have been sort of stressed about my job lately and just needed to get away from all the madness. It was a great time to see my family and get my thoughts back in order. Here are some highlights from my trip...

So there are two things that I MUST do when I go to visit my mom and dad:

#1. Go to Zehnders and get a Medium Cotton Candy shaved ice. Zehnders is a local yogurt shop ran by a family that lives in Elk Grove and I have been going there since Junior High. I get a Cotton Candy shaved ice EVERY time. I remember I had to pass it when I walked home from school so me and my friend would save our lunch money so we could get a shaved ice to walk home with. It's the Best!!


See how happy it makes me? CHEESE!!! (Unatractive picture, I know but you get the idea. HA.)

#2. All I have to say is In-N-Out Burger. I love love love In-N-Out Burger. It so scrumptuous. I always get the cheeseburger meal with no onions and a coke. Their fries are soooo stinking good. They use real potatoes, not processed powder like McDonalds. Scot doesn't get it. He doesn't thinks it's that great...booo. I think it's a must.
Here is something super scary. I just couldn't pass up taking a picture of this. It's shocking! LOOK AT THE GAS PRICES! Holy cow. What is this world coming to? I almost had a heart attack the other day when I filled up my car. It's insane!!
OK back to my weekend, on Saturday my aunt and my cousin came down for breakfast and then we did some shopping. I love going shopping for scrapbook stuff when I am in California because they have some great shops that get really neat stuff that the stores around here don't get so it was fun to spend the day with them.

On Sunday there was a party at my Grandma and Grandpa's house for my cousin who just graduated from high school. No one knew I was in town so it was really fun to surprise everyone! Here are some pictures...

Cousins!! Congratulations Sam!!

Cousins...

Here is Carly pointing out the dead chicken for me in the back field. YUM! Who's hungry?

Sam getting ready to cut his cake... Thanks Scot for a great weekend! I wish you could have come. It just wasn't the same without you!

9 comments:

Merry & Gary said...

It was so great having you here this weekend. The time goes by too fast. We wish Scot could have come but we appreciate his generously sharing you with us. We can hardly wait for July. Love Mom & Dad

Williamson Fam said...

What a great hubby scot is, how fun, hey i hsve family in elk grove...I miss California, your lucky...

The Cannons said...

I can't believe your cousins still, I can only remember them so little telling stories about tooting. Hilarious. I want to go to In'N'Out burger. Jealous.
Mitzi

Merilee said...

HI. I'm glad you had fun. Did you like "The Host?" I saw it on your bookshelf? I want to read it.

Christian and Jennifer said...

Fun weekend, it looks like! And expensive, if you went anywhere at all by car. Yikes! And we think we have it bad here! I'm glad you get to go home every once in a while, sweet Jenny. Moms and Dads are good for the soul.

Simon Kirschman said...

Good old Elk Grove. Good times! It was good to see Zenders again. Remember when Vicki worked there and the missionaries would visit her there? Anyway- We need to go back there together some time. I think it would be fun to go for our 10th high school reunion. What do you think? I will only go it you do.

Marc and Stacy said...

How fun that you were back here. Wish we could have said hey, but I know trips home are busy! Yeah, gas is insane huh? Feel bad for us! :)

Nell said...

Wow! I just stumbled upon your blog and I think it's so cool that you have my parents' yogurt shop on here! I am actually moving back to elk grove with my husband, Joel, and our daughter. We are taking over the yogurt shop too! Anyway, I am glad to see it is a highlight of your trip!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

That looks so fun! That is great how nice Scot was to you:). I went through Elko this weekend--gas was $4.69 there!!! Yikes!