6.07.2010

Refurbished Shirt...

I think people are actually calling it repurposing but I like refurbished better. Anyway, I was inspired the other day by my friend Mitzi's post (here) to make one of these cute ruffly shirts. I looked around and found a tutorial I thought looked easy here. I didn't want to do anything too in depth for my first try but now that I have done it once I want to go out and buy a gazillion plain shirts because it was so much stinkin' fun and it took hardly any time...Here is the finished product...

And a close up...

If you go here you can find a whole bunch of different tutorials on refubishing shirts. Oh and the best part is I found this shirt on sale at Kohls for $6, regularly $12. Then I went to Target and they had a whole bunch of V-Neck ones on sale for $4! Score!!

Also just a side note, I am really weird about clothes getting ruined in the washer so I hand wash a lot of my clothes because I am crazy like that. I decided to throw this bad boy in the washer and just see what happened and then just lay it flat to dry. Good to go. Looks like brand spankin' new still. I'm probably the only one that would be worried about that but just in case there were other worry warts out there I thought I would put your minds at ease :)

By the way....HORRAY MONDAY IS OVER!! Have a good week everyone!

8 comments:

Rachelle said...

Too cute! I've seen some of those t-shirt makeovers and I haven't been brave enough to try them yet. Great job!

Mitzi Beal said...

Love, love, love it! Good job!

Christian and Jennifer said...

I love it, Jenny! I was just telling Christian last night that I need some cute white/cream super light-weight t-shirts to wear with all of my skirts when it is so hot this summer. But a plain white t-shirt isn't so cute all the time. I'm going to give this a try. Thanks for the idea!

Merry & Gary said...

You are awsome! These are so cute. Bring it with you so I can see it. Can hardly wait to see you guys.

Williamson Fam said...

SO cute, and your looking so skinny!!!

Katie said...

I love it!! That is so cute!! I am going to give this a try!!

Tawna said...

Super cute, Jen!

Marc and Stacy said...

You're so creative. Can you just come live in house and do all the fun projects for me that I want to do? :)