Last Saturday Scot hiked this big white mountain...
...called Pikes Peak. I think he's crazy for even wanting to do it but I was impressed that he was able to accomplish this goal that he has always wanted to do...
Here are some pictures from their trip...Starting out at Barr Trail in Manitou Springs at 5:00 in the morning! Yikes!
The sun is just starting to come up...

At timberline...here is where the air really starts to thin out...
Taking a break...not much more to go...
The trail...
I met them up at the top so that I could drive them back down. It takes an HOUR to drive to the top and some of it is dirt roads and really steep, kinda scary.
Great Job Scot! I'm very proud of you!...And no, I definitely will not be doing that with you anytime soon! I think my way of driving up is much more leisurely :)...
5 comments:
I'm with you, I'd rather be driving than hiking. Good job Scot.
Mitzi
Good Job Scot!! I once wanted to hike that too, but I think I would die if I had to wake up at 5:00 let alone hike a mountain at 5:00. I'm with you Jenny, I'll just drive up!!! Proud of you big brother!
Wow! Scot, way to go. I'm proud of you. That is one long hike. Jenny I'm glad you made it up the mountain also. You are both awesome. See you guys soon.
Umm, yeah. We're going to need some new posts, Jenny. I am going through withdrawels.
WOW!!! I am impressed at the BOTH of you. Good job Scot hiking Pikes Peak!!! And Jenny, I think you are pretty brave driving up there! (Even when I'm on the passenger side and there is no cliff to look over it scares me!)
Post a Comment